Yes, I am in Phoenix, and, no, these photos are not from Phoenix. Last Saturday I ran with Karen, my 3-year running partner, near her house west of Yorktown. It was -1 when we started! It felt warmer than it sounds, due to lack of wind, and it was a lovely run. So lovely, I had to stop and take photos.
I wear fingerless gloves, if you were wondering....The temperatures rose through the week, to the point that the blizzard we would have had on Wednesday became a deluge. We currently have a river flood warning.
This morning I ran alone in 55 degrees, under cloudier skies than I was hoping for but nicely unlayered.
I eat omelettes sometimes, but usually other people's omelettes are way too fluffy eggy. This one was exactly how I like it: thin egg, lots of vegetables (spinach, mushrooms, onions,bacon - a vegetable, right?), plenty of cheddar. With almost everything else in the breakfast bar...oatmeal, a small danish, yogurt, fruit, potatoes, more bacon, English tea. That was 2 hours ago, and I'm hungry again.
My goal for today is figure out where I am in Phoenix, find something that isn't flat, and eat tacos. That would be goals, then, plural.
I think I have found a trail we can happily hike early in the day tomorrow, before possible rain and before finding Eric and Daphne's house. There look to be many, many to choose from! Phoenix Mountains Preserve won the beauty contest, at least temporarily. I'm looking forward to checking it out.
I did travel to get here. I was going out of the house with no food (gasp!) and thought of my mother. And became her, although less organized. I threw almonds and dried apricots into one Ziplock, crackers and Newman's Own Ginger-O's into another, grabbed a couple of Kind Bars, and I was set. I didn't have time to slice apples, so that my car would smell like hers...besides, I was out of Ziplocks. I was very glad to have these little bags and not have to buy a Flavorless Something in Bread at the airport. Thanks, Mom!
Onward to urban orienteering and taco hunting.

I'm glad something of my momm-ing stayed with you! Sure sounds like you had a good time.
ReplyDelete