Sunday, 22 January 2017

Leftovers

I can always tell when I have spent a weekend traveling with family. There are leftovers from meals in the fridge that do not get eaten. The family leaves and I am left with food to eat I didn't order in the first place. Why would I eat it in a warmed-up state? So, in an attempt not to waste food, we waste it anyway, including the styrofoam containers. 🙂

There were good memories made this past weekend among the Wisconsin and Indiana part of our blended family. Autumn and Zach's households gathering in Spooner, WI, and visiting Duluth. And, two of the four Brinkman children joining Patricia and I, and Auntie Anne (she did not bring pretzels so I was bummed) gathering in Carlsbad, CA, and visiting San Diego.  Plentiful food experiences in both places. Because I was in CA, I shared in the experience of traveling different places to get this exotic tea and that recommended Mexican food. We ended the weekend with a good meal at Barley Mash In downtown San Diego where I enjoyed a very good brown ale to wash down a black and bleu burger on an excellent bun. Then fresh cut fries were meh, but it was a notably good burger. I liked the prosciutto-wrapped, deep fried pickles we ordered as an appetizer as well.

For the balance of this next week I remain in S Cal to do some work. The food chase is over for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment