I'm still coughing, but at least I can eat now. We made homemade pizza today, which was not as good as sometimes due to a new pan that didn't cook the bottom of the dough well enough. Ick. Pasty.
I did get sun therapy, though, taking the leaves off of the garden so that in the next couple of weeks we can plant! It's hard to believe it that time already.
The soup I made the night before tasted better than the Lipton. Bratwurst, potatoes, onions, and some greens, with chicken stock. Mmm.
And this tasted even better, a few days before that..a Brinkman go-to in the last several years, easy and comfort foody. Onions and garlic, plus greens (or red peppers) and then whipping cream and Parmesan. Best on noodles - Luke always wants more sauce, but I like it a little thicker and sticking to the pasta.The New York Times had an article on Jamie Oliver today that included his famous recipe for roasted chicken in milk. Sounds weird! But it includes lemon, sage, garlic, and a little cinnamon, and it comes out crispy with a creamy, thick sauce. We might have to try that this week.
We only have a few nights at home this week. Mark is in New York Monday early to late and Philadelphia Thursday early to late, and we fly to Hilton Head together Friday for a Convene summit. First time for both of us! I'm sure we'll have a food story or two after the weekend....
bon appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment