Thursday, 13 April 2017

springtime in seattle

It's here! For the past few days the weather has whipped breathtakingly between blinding sunshine and sudden drenching downpours. Spring spring spring. That means a shift in menu and atmosphere at the restaurant where I work - more lemonades, more salads, more peeeeeople. I'm feeling very ready to make the switch to my new job this summer; for those I haven't told, I will be running the literacy center at an elementary school for the year. It is going to be a bit of an adjustment from free meals at the restaurant to sack lunches in a school cafeteria, however! Thaddaeus is finishing up his last quarter of nursing school with a preceptorship in an OR, but is also interested in psych nursing and other areas, so we'll see where he ends up!


When a friend overslept and missed a breakfast date the other day, I ran Teddy to the dog park and back before combining the only things I could find in our fridge - cucumbers and carrots, strawberries and jogurt, Brie and jam and dense German-style rye bread - to make a breakfast that he was a little envious of.


I lived on some combination of these ingredients for about a week, with the addition of some other fruits and the soft, slow-cooked scrambled eggs beloved by the Teall sisters (which I discovered separately from M.F.K. Fisher).

3 comments:

  1. I wish our two cats (one ours, one Erin's) would get along as well as your cat and dog at this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And..had those eggs last night and sent a photo to the other Teall sister! Spring is gorgeous in Indiana today, too.

    ReplyDelete