Saturday, 15 April 2017

Easter table

I've been well fed this past year.

That statement includes food. How could it not! What with so many French bakeries, wonderful pies, pancakes, good drink, and BBQ.

More, it includes the benefits of all the Teall Vincent Brinkman Heling Knox folks who have sat at various tables in varied configurations this past year (and those named Mason and Sonnentag).

It feels like my soul has become plump with family and the delights of living in community, vast and empty spaces having new light shine upon them, previous deserts starting to bloom.

Each week, in worship, I name as many of you as I can in the silent space the pastor provides for us to hold people in God's merciful light. Each week, at the great table, where we kneel to commemorate God's saving gift, I am in tears  for the tangible mercy I have experienced with each of you. I experience it all as part of the same merciful gift.

Sláinte to all of you this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment