Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Travel food

When traveling through airports I think of Patricia when I come across a French Bakery. I just found one in Phoenix's terminal B tonight. Their spinach quiche was quite good, I thought. Maybe I was just hungry as I waited for the fifth flight of the day. This is why I laugh at flight attendants who talk about how much they must fly. Some of us frequent travelers exceed even their flight miles on occasion.

When in terminals I also think of my brother, Eric, whenever I come across an Irish Pub. There is a good one at DFW he and I always eat at when opportunity presents. I like the one at the Philadelphia airport even more.

I enjoy both---and laugh at the thought of an Irish Bakery or a French Pub. Raisins in Soda Bread or a Reuben served on a croissant do not work! But between the two a Pub wins for me. It does a better job of providing sweet with the savory (a phrase I did not fully understand until my foodie wife explained it). Pubs usually have bread pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment