Saturday, 19 May 2018

Working Backwards


I drank coffee for the first real time this week. I drove from Wisconsin to Memphis (9-10 hours) last Wednesday and felt the need...and the only option for "cream" in the coffee was powdered corn syrup. So black it was. I rolled it around like Charlie does wine - and started to really enjoy it! I'll have to use one of our French presses for a bit and then try your Italian machine, to taste the difference. The only trouble is, I can't drink a whole mug of caffeinated coffee! I'd be a mess. And the decaff seems thin...I'll keep sipping and trying.

It's Saturday here in Yorktown, where I have not been for what feels like a long time!  I arrived home Friday afternoon, after a few days in Memphis for Erin's graduation and a few days before that in Wisconsin, with Mark as he Convened. Before that, I don't remember!

Joshua and Sophie have been using the broiler to warm up leftover baconated potato skins (from his open house last weekend), so he taught me a thing or two. And then I learned - and let him know - that parchment paper is NOT the best thing to have right under a hot broiler! Foil, next time. It did not go up in flames, and the skins were cheesy and bubbly and excellent with the lemon & parsley chicken. I'm pretty sure this is the first thing I've cooked in a couple of weeks, besides scrambled eggs.

Mid-morning, I went to my favorite place (Menards) to pick up trim and crown moulding for some finishing touches in the house. Then off to Meijer for basics: DOUGHNUTS, conditioner - and dryer sheets. Except that I discovered non-sheets. Wool balls! They soften the clothing with all- naturalness. My favorite discovery of the day.


The morning started early with a run (with Karen), including 10 minutes of a downpour. May has become summer this week, with mugginess and pop-ups moving through. Skies have been dark, then light, pouring, then misty clear. It feels like a jungle over here! I expect fireflies any time.
Image result for thing one thing two
And my favorite pic from Hallie's ultrasound adventures: Twin B!



Saturday is what it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment