Friday, 9 July 2021

veggies vegans intermittent high fats paleos nutrisystems

Ok, three years later....

Blogspot has changed much of their formatting, most of which seems to be stupid. A project down the road (after completing all the VHS and cassette digitizing!) is transferring all my/our blogspot blogs to another platform.

In the meantime.

dinners this week:

Where were beets in my childhood?!? Although, realistically, I didn't like tomatoes then and may have not appreciated the beauty that is beets at that time.

Also, meat is back in, at least until things settle. Mark is now living with celiac disease, which means many vegetarian alternatives made primarily with WHEAT GLUTEN are off the table. All local meats, though. Mark is having fun with the grill - elk bratwurst, bison burgers, local steak and chicken. With lots of veggies and little breads. We are still eating more vegetarian meals than a few years ago, with beans, tofu, and other good stuff we discovered while strictly there.

French carrot salad, which has much parsley in it, along with lemon, a little olive oil, and Dijon. Addicting.

I love this knife.

Rhubarb Almond Torte with amaretto, which became Peach Blackberry Almond Torte with brandy. Sent to me by Charles. It's mostly eggs, with almond flour and a little sugar, plus fruit. Gluten Free, high protein (lotsa eggs), angel-foodish, delish. And easy to bake!

In other family food news - Luke baked his first pie (including crust) this week! The lovely rhubarb custard. And Autumn grilled their July 4th celebration. I am so impressed with these 10 young adults we love.




I will be posting my food stuff here. Anyone else is welcome. :)


Go Bucks!











2 comments:

  1. It helps that Patricia is paying attention to this dietary transition with me!

    This morning was rice flower pancakes with blackberries, lemon curd and huckleberry jam. I did not burn any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just realized why you didn't have beets as a child. It's because the only beets I knew about were canned - and not very appetizing! I don't remember ever seeing beets in a produce section when you were growing up.

    ReplyDelete