Sheboygan Falls is grey and brown today. Brown food, grey outside, including the ridiculously large turkeys. Even the cats match.The rain is making it cozy.
But delicious! (not the turkeys) "Fried mush," as Mom used to say (Bob's Mill 10-grain cereal), pears, and an aig. Because one egg is un oeuf.
haha
I made split pea soup last night, with adaptations due to the mother of invention. My mother's recipe, however, was in Idaho, so it ended up thinner than I like. But very edible and warming! With cornbread.
that's the food world today
Travel-wise, we are in our usual Wisconsin 10 days, with the unusual addition of Muncie, Indiana, at the front end! We saw Joshua & Sophie, I ran with Karen, saw a couple other friends - oh, and Mark led a strategic planning session with a CDC there. Good planning on his part. :)
After returning to Idaho next week, and hopefully making it up our newly-snowed-upon driveway, Christmas prep is in full gear. Woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment