
Ahh hahaha! Just realized I posted this in a different blog six weeks ago. No wonder I couldn't find it!
Friday night, Mark and I had our first gathering of non-natives at Golden Eagle. Non-native to Idaho, and non-family people. I made WAY too much food, so today (days later....) I am still happily eating salad (kale, brussels, roasted butternut squash & onions & garlic, pomegranate seeds, chevre, a cider-maple dressing) and mushroom strata. I thiiiink I can get one more day out of the salad before it is too squishy.
Eyew.
I also made a lot of apple/pear/blackberry cobbler (with creme de cassis in it); we have had no problem taking care of that leftover, either. Sorry, Charlie.

It's pie and cobbler weather here, clearly. We tried some out in Stanley, Idaho, yesterday afternoon, as we explored east and north of us. Stanley itself is nothing to see (63 residents who seem to run a wood-built downtown for hikers, hunters, and other outdoor enthusiasts mostly April through October). The drive was worth doing, if you have most of the day, and the Sawtooth Valley is a wide beautiful one with what look to be sheep ranches, with the Sawtooths running along the west side.If I were looking for a destination at the end of a long drive, McCall is definitely the winner. If I just wanted to drive half the day and get a feel for Idaho and its varieties of landscape, either would be good! Don't take anyone prone to carsickness on the Stanley road, though.

We're obviously really loving the scenery right here at home, whether looking north or south in the valley, morning, noon, or night, or any other direction or time.
We have been heating with wood for the last week or so and are very impressed with the heat retention of the house! It's very cozy.Mark is off to an overnight near Chicago tonight, and Wednesday he takes me to the airport for a few days playing with babies in Seattle! Then we go together Sunday to Carlsbad, for Design Group partner meetings. Back here for a day, and on to Wisconsin. And Memphis! And turkey on the table as well as in the yard!

No comments:
Post a Comment