Thursday, 9 March 2017

Poppin'

Luke and I were hungry, the fridge only had jars (and jars) of  jams, pastes, and sauces, like Madame Blueberry's ceramic jars. What to eat? Luckily, I have a friend who sells me eggs from her chickens, so we had plenty...scrambled eggs last night, popovers tonight!

They are a family favorite, simple and buttery. We add more butter, and Bonne Maman raspberry jam.

And salad, with a mustardy vinaigrette, onions, and bleu cheese.

And probably one of the 11 kinds of ice cream in the freezer...this is my mother's fault!

I wonder what we will find in the cupboards tomorrow night? Ooo, I just remembered we have jiao zi (Chinese dumplings) in the freezer...sounds like it's happening!

Tomorrow will also bring doughnuts to the house, because I forgot to pick them up today. Thursday is doughnut day here, generally.

Other things pop around here, sometimes. Goodwill always has my favorite men's shirts...flannel or henley...I may have been there again this week.

1 comment: