

I'm not sure we are really in Indiana today, although the house looks right...it was in the upper 60's! On February 19th! So of course we ate outside. Mark baked fish with plenty of garlic and butter, and we added roasted potatoes/peppers and French carrot salad, lemony and a little sweet. I think I sunburned my nose, happily. I heard someone last week predict that somehow we will pay for this odd spring-like February down the road, and that's likely! But for this weekend, we just enjoyed it. We pumped bike tires and went for a ride, walked in Fort Wayne's Foster Park, and accepted the break in the grey. Dinner is cheese and crackers, and a watery-looking rhubarb thing with wonderful-looking crust pillows! It'll do.

Joshua and I were happy to have pancake mix in the house last week, after a day of him being home and sick. If he couldn't eat pancakes, I'd be really worried!

Mark and I had our usual mid-month weekend in Wisconsin last weekend and ended up at brunch at the Blue Harbor hotel...with a little bit of a view! When I left California for the mid-west after high school, my friend Amber asked, "Isn't there a big lake out there?" Yes. And I really like it! I might even consider learning how to sail on it - if a person can sail while on Dramamine. I wonder if it's as hard to stay awake as it is on an airplane....
No comments:
Post a Comment