Saturday, 25 September 2021

'tis fig season


Figs!  I don't remember having one until I was, hmm, maybe in my forties. Dried, yes, in Newton's, sure. But fresh - I saw them, of course, in the Balkan markets and in Greece, but they always looked...mushy. Ick.

Eventually I tried one. It was mushy. Several years went by before I tried another one. Ripe, fresh, juicy. I got it! And then chevre came along. 

This was dinner last night. (I won't lie - with some chips and sour cream dip.)

It was also lunch last week, and Maeve and Teagan's first bites. Maeve said, "I love it!" and didn't eat any more. Teagan didn't say anything, but she ate three pretty much without breathing.

 This is Maeve, still holding on to her once-bitten fig. She did eat half of the container of strawberries by herself, however, and most of the rhubarb.

No comments:

Post a Comment